Saturday, July 23, 2011

Fly Away

I found myself sleeping. Quietly drifting off between this world and the next, I decided to travel. Looking down as I see myself lying quietly in my bed, I then begin to fly away. Through the ceiling into the clouds away from myself and to you. I should not be surprised as this is where my thoughts always seem to take me.
Enter I through your window to see you sitting unaware quietly dedicated to something a glow and intent in front of you which I cannot see. Odd to me that you are so alert and awake in this dark hour that I lay sleeping. I move around you in hopes you can sense I am watching, yet a ghost is all it appears I am to you now.
I reach out and touch your hair and a chill comes over you as such you shiver then turn to look at me, yet look right through me into the next room. I smell for you. That scent which I long to embrace I search for, but do not find.
Then comes the cold.... icy breath and a cold so deep that burns my soul, I feel the darkness coming. And, I know it's time for me to go. Float away again I watch as you get smaller until finally out of sight, I find myself again sound and oblivious. If I were not awake within myself I would think I were dreaming.

No comments:

Post a Comment