Wednesday, June 15, 2005

At Last

At last, I have reached the end.
And as I stand on the edge of the cliff,
Starring into the emptiness and darkness,
I ask myself,
Why did I come here?
Finally I have sickened myself,
I have thrown myself into the darkest corner of oblivion.
And for what?
I can jump, and end it all, loosing myself to madness,
Happily insane to the notion of insanity.
Or I can turn back to the lonely empty hole that I crept from.
At least to jump leaves uncertainty.
But to turn back, I know the cold lonesome fate that awaits my arrival.
The wind in my hair, I catch the scent of a memory.
A memory of blood,
And I smell it deep and hypnotizing.
At last, I am still alone.
Wither I jump or sustain, I am alone.
All is quiet but for the echoes chanting from the dark abyss.
Beckoning me to join the monotone enchantaions.
At last...
I am still alone.        

No comments:

Post a Comment