Sunday, June 5, 2005

Transformation

Transformation: Meaning-The need to allow something to die in order to create room for the new. Painful Change that is necessary. Creating Life out of Death.

There you were suddenly today.
Lying in front of me amongst the others,
Seemingly similar but definately different.
Calling out to me...
Drawn delicately with your wavy brunette hair,
What is it you wish for me to see?
Transformation...
And what if I do not wish to let it die?
What if I would wish it to live and grow and be remembered....
To not suffer the painful change you bring to my door.
I will shuffle you back together and pretend you did not exist.
I will cover you with books and letters,
With music, laughter, and pretend smiles.
I will forget you with drawn out memories.
Hide you in a drawer for safe keeping if need be.
And tomorrow everything will remain.
So that I may be safe within my denial,
Returning to watch the clock count nothing.
I will be happy.

No comments:

Post a Comment