Sunday, January 15, 2012

Bury Me With Thee

12/15/05

Oh, how I envy thee in your first moments of passing.
Gentle caresses from that immortal extacy that I have yet to encounter.
Slowly each day I watch you fade away.
Colder, quieter, calmer with each passing.
Life ever so delicately slipping away from you, and you see so natural in your state of premorbid slumber.
Such a graceful exchange it seems you intend to make, giving up all that thrived in you so recently, and simply lie in wait for it to die in you as quickly as it came.
I sit in solemn observance with your caretaker, and wish that I could slip into the peacefulness that awaits you.
I can almost hear the silence, I can almost feel the cool release, and It seems I can almost taste the darkness of solitude that anticipates your arrival...
Oh winter.... what peace you bring to my soul. And oh how I long to be buried with thee.

No comments:

Post a Comment