Thursday, July 7, 2005

Here I Am

"Here I am" said Sam, "In all my darkness understand,
That I am still only a man, and sometimes hard to comprehend."
And walked away so miserably, To see if I would follow he, into the darkness quietly, because he knew I longed to bleed.
And though I may seem morbid still, I long to smell that living thrill, of life and love, that poisoned pill, to bring me hope only to kill.
And bury me beneath the tree, so Sam can find me finally, to dig me up and set me free, to wander there so aimlessly.
"Here I am" said I to Sam, "In all your darkness understand, that you are still only a man, and cannot seem to comprehend."
And walked away resentfully, to see if he would follow me, into this darkness he can't be, and yet he bled so beautifully.        

No comments:

Post a Comment