Saturday, July 9, 2005

This End

The heat and sun that took my breath,
Has left me here, now, so near my death,
And as I rot upon this sand,
My mind returns to that pure land,
So green, so clear, so full of life,
And how I wished to be a wife,
To love and grow within those trees,
And dream of things that seemed so sweet.
My hands now hot in the crusty ground,
Ran upon your skin once, with that sound,
That sound of love, of peace, of fate,
But now, fate seems, has closed that gate,
And banished me to this place so hot,
To this place in which I am now forgot,
I fell lost, alone, and worth no one,
But my heart still hopes that he will come,
And this end will not end, but pass me by,
That this not be the way I die,
But all I see, disheartens me,
And oh how I wish, once more, to bleed.        

No comments:

Post a Comment