Monday, August 29, 2005

Baby

"Are You My Baby?" I asked of he,
Then he replied in a voice so sweet,
"I'm your Baby," was what he said,
And held me tight there in his bed.
His arms around me warm and strong,
I breathed him in, and held it long.
Then felt the safety in his heart,
And knew with me he would not part.
But grow in him from now and on,
This love that we had come upon.
Then take me there to further then,
Beyond the life I've found with him,
And treasure each and every touch,
I knew it in my heart so much.
"Are you my Baby?" He asked I,
And quickly did I so reply,
"I am you Baby." that he would know,
My heart did oh so love him so,
And know that I could not withstand,
To walk this path without his hand,
And know that I would surely die,
Without that love within his eye.
Yet I know I now must fall awake,
And keep my mind from that mistake,
For no good dreams will find me sleep,
And all that I do long to keep.
That haunting touch, that place I find,
Within those eyes that read my mind.
That place in which I found was me,
And found that lost eternity.
Hold on to that last part of I,
Before I slip away and die,
For darkness comes so quietly,
To take the breath you gave me breathe.
It seems the ghost has so consumed,
And left the safety of the tomb,
To haunt me now and fill my mind,
With what I thought of once as mine,
Torture me with dreams of us,
And how I did so love so much.
To search within those open eyes,
To see that soul in those blue skies,
And feel that rain upon my skin,
To catch it up and hold it in.
So hold me close, into your heart,
Protect me from that quiet dark.
For close behind it follows me,
And waits for me to fall asleep.
"Are you my Baby?" I must hear,
And know that you are somewhere near.

No comments:

Post a Comment