Monday, August 15, 2005

Forget

Changing faces in those spaces,
I grow to know the feel of fear.
Yet I am not scared of you,
I am terrified of you,
And that inescapable loneliness.
Can I find that place to hide,
Is it there or else somewhere,
Somewhere else that ends nowhere.
Some place that can replace,
That dark hole of being alone.
Yet hope spins slowly reminding me
That it exists, that it waits.
My mind drifting to those arms,
Wrapping me up into safety,
Reminding me of the memory,
Begging me not to forget...
To never forget....
And I struggle to recall it all,
Every detail of your face,
And every warm embrace,
Everytime you said my name,
And everytime our love we made.
Etch it deeply in my brain,
And that memory I shall retain,
Oh how I will miss you tonight,
And miss the way you hold me tight.
As I lay in bed and think of it,
Still scared I might somehow forget.
Forget those eyes that saw through me,
Forget those lips I kissed so deep.

No comments:

Post a Comment