Wednesday, November 27, 2013

Lost in Insomnia

And here it is again I find, it's 3 am and the clock keeps time.
Tock and tick in crunching clicks, the metal gears, screech on bleeding ears.
Rumble through the house of the night where the shadow falls in silent quiet.
Feel the cold and hold the heft, and watch the fading of what's left.
I feel my flesh begin to fall away, with every silent sweet display.
Take what you will, and leave the rest, for life is just a morbid mess.
It was never mine to live you see, yet sustenance for others misery.
With every sway, I watch it slip away, and stare into nothingness, as if I had a day.
And what of love, that breath of life, the only time I felt alive.
It is as well, lost in hell, forgotten someplace between a place I fell.
But OH how I pray for longing sleep to find me in deathly peace,
For once dreams found me so easily, now turn to dust and insanity.
Looking out at my surrounding full of grays and shadows,,,
That sickening every present awareness that in this world tonight, there is nothing red at all.

No comments:

Post a Comment